Australia Visa

Australia grants many kinds of visa. If you want to get one, you have to know which one suits your purpose. Online application is available for Tourist, Working Holiday, Six and Twelve Months Tourist visas.

Only ETA eligible citizens are qualified for Australia Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) visas. An ETA is filled out and granted electronically. You will get a confirmation email when yours have been approved.

Other than residents of New Zealand, all travelers to Australia are required to have a valid visa. US citizens can come to Australia without a visa for a stay not exceeding 90 days.

Working Holiday Visa

If you are aged between 18 and 30, you may be granted a working holiday visa.

The visa allows you a stay of up to 12 months from the date your first entry. It does not matter whether or not you spend the whole time in Australia.

You can do any kind of work as long as it is not permanent. Working for more than three months is not allowed. Working holiday makers must hold a passport of countries which have a bilateral arrangement with Australia.

1. ETA (Visitor) (subclass 976)

This is an electronic pass for short-term visits to Australia of up to 3 months. This designed for travelers who come to Australia for leisure or informal study. An ETA visa allows you a maximum of three months on each visit. ETAs are valid for a year starting from the date of grant. It also depends on your passport's expiration from the time ETA was granted.

Getting an ETA (Visitor)

You apply for an ETA two weeks prior to your trip to Australia. Log on to the website of the Australian Embassy in the country where you are filing your application. As soon as your ETA is approved, you will receive a confirmation through email. If it is not approved, you will be told to take up your visa options with the nearest Australia Consul.

2. eVisitors (subclass 651)

This is an electronic pass for visitors of Australia coming for tourism or business. Their stay should not exceed 3 months on each visit. The pass can be used within 12 months from the date of grant. Passport holders from the European Union and a number of other European countries are eligible.

3. Tourist visa (subclass 676)

This is a temporary visa that allows a stay in Australia of up to three (3) or six (6) or 12 months. Applicants can apply from outside or within Australia. This visa allows people to come to Australia to spend the holidays or to visit family and friends. This visa can be used for other short-term non-work related reasons, including studying for less than three (3) months. A subclass 676 is issued to passport holders who want to come to Australia and those already in the country who want to extend their stay as a visitor. However, granted the length of stay and the number of entries depends on the purpose and the status of the applicant.

4. Sponsored Family Visitor visa (subclass 679)

This is for travelers who want to visit their family in Australia for no more than 12 months. This requires a sponsorship by a permanent Australian resident.

Business Visa Requirements (subclass 679)

Anyone who wants to invest in Australia (under Business Skills and Business Talent) is required to sign a declaration granting to meet the following: They must notify the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) of their home address within 6 months after initial entry in Australia; and

They must continue to notify DIAC of any changes to their home address within 28 days of a change of address (including any address outside Australia).

There are additional requirements and obligations for the following visa holders:
Business Owner;
State/Territory Sponsored Business Owner;
Senior Executive Visa holders; and
State/Territory Sponsored Senior Executive Visa holders.

For more information on the various visa requirements visit
Australia Visa
Visit Australia
Visa Headquarters

If you are travelling to Australia and are a passport holder here are some additional passport resources and links:
US Passport Information
New USA Passports
Passport Renewal
Lost a Passport
Add Passport Pages
Passport Name Change
Second Passport has the largest selection of Hotels in Australia and discount flights to Australia. We work closely with our partners including Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz and

Top Destinations in the South Pacific

Flights to Australia Flights to Cocos Islands Flights to Fiji Flights to Christmas Islands Flights to Guam Flights to Kiribati Flights to Micronesia Flights to Nauru Flights to New Caledonia Flights to New Zealand Flights to Papua New Guinea Flights to Palau

Top Destinations Near Australia

Flights to Fiji Flights to Guam Flights to Kiribati Flights to Micronesia Flights to New Zealand Flights to Papua New Guinea Hotels in Brisbane Hotels in Sydney Hotels in Melbourne Hotels in Auckland Hotels in Bali Hotels in South Pacific