Safety for your child is non-negotiable, especially if it’s his first air travel. To reduce your anxiety, do these:
• Book as early as you can. Inform the reservations department that your child is flying alone.
• Provide things that would make your child comfortable in the plane by giving him card games and snacks, as well as calling cards or a mobile phone in case he needs to make an emergency call.
• Take your child to the airport early.
• Take necessary documents to the airport: Bring your child’s birth certificate and other identification papers.
• Stay calm.
• Stay in the airport until the plane takes off.
Carefully plan your child’s first air travel. Get involved in the whole process, from booking to seeing him off at the airport. Stay calm and focused. The safe trip starts with you.